Monday, March 19, 2012

The Gray Quilt is Finished!

I'm happy to report that my "Going Gray" quilt is finished!

 You'll recall from my last post about this quilt (here) that this was my first real experience using the color gray.











But it won't be the last!  This quilt ended up being a fascinating study of color value and contrast.















You can see that the quilting was done in a straight line grid pattern.  I used all different color threads to go with the "rainbow" theme of the blocks.

Final dimensions:  42 x 61".

Full details in the Etsy store listing.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a really cool quilt! I love the pattern and all the fun colors {and you can never go wrong with gray} :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you to try something new with using gray as the neutral. It came out pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is wonderful! I love the border too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great quilt. The grey is fabulous and the block in the middle is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic quilt! I love the rainbow effect and the grey. I can see that this would really be a learning experience with color and contrast. I think you did a great job! And I love those random squares in the border AND your quilting.

    ReplyDelete